Deathball - House rules

Hello there,

I played 2 games of Deathball with some house rules and a novice opponent; both of us are happy with the results. I would like to share them because they may be interesting for someone:

• Reduced playfield and game length: 2’x2’ surface and 12 turns.

• Simplified activation: each model can perform up to 3 actions per activation. However, if he fails a dice roll during the activation, play passes to the opponent.

• Simplified dice rolls: the idea is using the mechanic of quality tests from Age of Fantasy and Grimdark Future, so the tests only depend on one model’s stats. The current Brawl and Skill values of 1, 2 and 3 are replaced with 5+, 4+ and 3+, respectively. This way, the dice rolls are resolved as follows:

• Attacking: the attacker hits the opponent if he scores his Brawl value or higher, applying a +2 modifier if the target is stunned.

• Taking the ball: the model takes the ball if he scores his Skill value or higher, applying a +1 modifier.

• Tackling: the attacker takes the ball if he scores his Skill value or higher.

• Shooting: the ball lands on target if the models scores his Skill value or higher, applying the original modifiers.

• Common dodge: the special of dodger models is available for every model, but the attacks are ignored if the model score his Skill value or higher, applying a +1 modifier.

I also use rules for outnumbering; I will post them if someone is interested :wink:

Oh cool! I have a team of BB Dark Elves around and will probably get another one. Then I want to test them with some games…