Firefight Lists: Inspiration & Discussion

Hi all,
In order to give people a place to get inspiration for firefight lists and discuss tactics here are some of my lists. I want to start off with two lists you can build entirely out of the GW first strike box which is easily available for ~30€
PlagueBrothers255.pdf (59.5 KB) SpearsBattleBrothers255.pdf (58.1 KB)

2 Likes

Awesome idea! I have a silly question, how have you formatted your lists like that? It’s well presented and very easy to read.

My previous Plague Bro’s list was:
(285 points)
Plague Bringer - 100 points
Plague Bro - 45 points
Plague Bro - 45 points
Plague Bro with Plague Launcher - 55 points
Plague Zombies [3] - 40 points

Would advise swapping out the Plague Bringer with a Plague Bro that had an alternate weapon, maybe the flamer.
I think to use Hero’s the points should be 400-500. 250 seems to equate to a 100 point ‘Kill Team’ roster, and ‘Kill Team Commanders’ advises to take 200 points, I think, which should equal about 500ish for GFF.

1 Like

Oh not a silly question at all! It’s plain markdown https://www.markdownguide.org/
It’s written in simple text editor, I use vscode with a markdown package.
I also agree that hero units especially more elite armies don’t fit in 250p range.

2 Likes

Ah nice one, thank you! I’ll look into using this. I didn’t mind so much only being able to take about 5 Plague Brothers in a 250 point game. The Regeneration rule (like disgustingly resilient) is powerful, and costed appropriately. They do have a 2+/5+ after all! Have you tried many other factions as of yet? A friend of mine has Robot Legions, Disciples of Change, High Elf Fleets, and Alien Hive. So we’ll be trying some of those out soon. Quite stoked to field a few Robot Legion Snipers, his High Elf Fleet Ranger dominated half of the map last game.

My colleague has some dark eldar and sisters of battle. I also have a jesters troupe but haven’t fielded them yet. The eldar are a pain in the a** because of their speed and the amount of attacks they can generate. I fought a 300pts Orcs vs Prime Brothers match today wich was also fun. The number of bodys you can field is just massive. This was the match today (using only paper minis)

Unit Q D Equipment Special Rules Upgrade Cost
** Prime Brother [1] ** 3+ 2+ Auto-Rifle (24”, A3), CCW (A2) Fearless A, F, G 50pts
** Prime Brother [1] ** 3+ 2+ Auto-Rifle (24”, A3), CCW (A2) Fearless A, F, G 50pts
** Prime Brother [1] ** 3+ 2+ Pistol (12”, A1),Energy Sword (A4, AP(1), Rending) Fearless A, F, G 50pts
** Prime Brother [1] ** 3+ 2+ Pistol (12”, A1),Energy Sword (A4, AP(1), Rending) Fearless A, F, G 50pts
** Total: ** ** 300 **

versus

PaperOrcs300.pdf (688.9 KB)

Niice, I remember that my friend has some Jesters also, he stopped using them as they were no fun in Kill Team, hopefully I can persuade him to use them in GFF. Eldar are fast, but against another army that has a decent defense value, it felt fairly balanced, and ‘narrative’ for that army at least.

Orc list looks great, would like to build some of own some day. Prime Brothers also very appealing (especially as they are not tied to any such lore in this game). 6 of them on the table would be cool, just imagining some super human dudes shooting down the aliens, 3 shots each as well ! And they can hold their own in combat, a very solid list indeed!

Not looked into paper minis before, Wyloch has done a great video on it. I’ll see if I can find a decent printer to use for this.

Is there a particular style sheet or markdown template that you use? Cuz those PDFs are great.

1 Like

Hi,
thanks for your compliment :slight_smile: It’s just the standard markdown stylesheet that comes with the vscode markdown plugin.
:slight_smile:
Cheers
David

1 Like