Those with "stay at home" orders... how's the hobby going?

Curious how the OPR GDF crew is doing with being stuck at home (if you are)? More hobby time/less? Getting games in? How scratching the hobby itch in a new paradigm?

I have been playing more game solitaire, and painting a bit more than I had been recently. I’ve been trying to play games I haven’t given a shot yet. (So I finally played some of the OPR games, for example.) I’m tempted to try and come up with a meatier AI system. Or some other way to make playing yourself more interesting.

2 Likes

I usually play against the A.I. so not a whole lot has changed. I have started painting for the first time in years.
Though I also work in the medical field so my schedule hasn’t really changed. :laughing:

1 Like

Finally did my first games in Roll20 which I can wholeheartedly recommend to everybody.
Also lots of paper minis :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pained two teams for GFF and been playing on Roll20, else just pouring as much time as possible into working on OPR, just hoping this whole thing passes soon. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve got 3 kids able to play OPR games moderately well and with them we’ve been organizing and categorizing. I also am a teacher/professor, so different work, at home work, but still “working”

But yeah, with the rest of you, waiting for it to pass. @funkaoshi thank you for your service in the medical field… scary stuff

I’m not doing anything besides staying home. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:You just save your thanks for all the doctors and nurses!

I also got my daughter playing OPR games. Really nice system.

1 Like

Painting, but I play a lot on TableTop simulator with my buddies from France while I live in Ireland. In a week We played maybe 5/6 games of 2000pts to 4000pts.

I would recommend it a lot, We’ve never played this much since we are on Lockdown, and we love so much OPR rules

Take care and stay safe

1 Like

My work schedule has remained the same, and, whether my other circumstances or coincidence, my hobby time feels like it has decreased. However, I have managed to average one AI game per week, even though I am in the same situation of not living near my gaming buddies that I was in, pre-quarantine. I suppose the quarantine is just driving home the point that I will not be gaming with them soon, so I should play what I can!

2 Likes

I’ve moved over to roll20 where I’m getting to stretch my Photoshop muscles. So the creative itch to paint minis has been replaced by a need to make 2D assets for online gaming. I’ve actually had more OPR games online in the last three weeks than physical ones in the last three months!

2 Likes

When I’m not E-teaching or helping the littles E-Learn, my daughter and I are building her own home-brew TAO-Outcast Sect… here’s our more recent builds (a combination of cleaning dozens of old models and building a few new), but I’ll post in hobby progress or somewhere when we get to base coating and such

2 Likes

It’s all hunkydory in my house ( lucky me ), My son is home from his RN ship and we have had a couple of games, gonna have another this afternoon in fact and I have been mentoring on painting tip on his Thousand Sonny boys ! ( is there a detachment for them in the rules ? ( I cant seem to see one ? )).
I have painted a load of scenery STC ruins and have loads of shipping cargo/ammo containers, Servo Haulers( 2 cranes and 3 smaller ones) objective markers yet to paint .

His Thousand Sons are Change Brothers found in the Havoc Brother Disciples army book. He can also take units from the Havoc Brothers army list.