Titan Lords 3200 Point Battle Report

Having just built out a force of Titan Lords, I felt that the best way to welcome these models to their new home was with a game. And what better game to play with them than Grimdark Future? And for the sake of a full experience - Titan Lords versus Titan Lords!

On the side of the AI, we have these 3215 points of heavy metal:

• Hell Mini-Titan (black with yellow stripes) - 2x Hell Autocannons (48”, A4, AP(2)), Machinegun (36”, A3), Stomp (A2, AP(1)) - Fear, Fearless, Power Shields (Regeneration), Tough(12)
  • Errant Titan (pink and yellow, affectionately named Sir Heinz) - Fusion Cannon (36”, A1, AP(4), Blast(3), Deadly(6)), Titan Sword (A3, AP(4)), Stomp (A4, AP(2)) - Fear, Fearless, Power Shields (Regeneration), Tough(24)
  • Gallant Titan (brown, currently missing arms) - Titan Energy Fist (A3, AP(4), Deadly(3)), Titan Sword (A3, AP(4)), Stomp (A4, AP(2)) - Fear, Fearless, Power Shields (Regeneration), Tough(24)

And in my corner, 3210 points of hard-hitting mechs:

• Hell Mini-Titan (white) - 2x Hell Autocannons (48”, A4, AP(2)), Stomp (A2, AP(1)) - Fear, Fearless, Power Shields (Regeneration), Tough(12)
  • Paladin Titan (purple and black) - Rapid Battle Cannon (48”, A2, AP(3), Blast(6)), Machinegun (36”, A3), Titan Sword (A3, AP(4)), Stomp (A4, AP(2)) - Fear, Fearless, Power Shields (Regeneration), Tough(24)
  • Castellan Titan (shameful grey plastic) - Twin Shield Missiles
    (48”, A2, AP(4), Deadly(6)), Plasma Battle Cannon (48”, A1, AP(2), Blast(6)), Volcano Cannon (48”, A1, AP(4), Blast(3), Deadly(3)), Stomp (A4, AP(2)) - Fear, Fearless, Power Shields (Regeneration), Tough(24)

Deployment
With the Battlestar Galactica soundtrack on shuffle in the background, I got started with setup.

I intentionally used all tall, completely line of sight-blocking buildings, wanting to emulate a fight within a city or industrial complex with all cover being clear and easy to read.

Objectives 1 and 2 on the left end of the first picture:

Objective 3 on the right middle of the first picture:

The AI deployment. Objectives are in reverse order, left to right, 3-2-1:

My deployment with objective 1 visible on the left and objective 3 visible around the corner:

Top down deployment view:

Round 1
The AI Errant Titan moves up to take objective 3 (numbered left to right).
My Castellan Titan moves into position to shoot the AI Gallant Titan:

Missiles and Plasma Battle cannon do 9 damage, but the Volcano Cannon misses.
The AI Hell Mini-Titan moves toward objective 2. It shoots at my Paladin Titan. 3 wounds are dealt.
My Paladin Titan moves toward objective 3. It shoots at the AI Errant Titan. 6 wounds are dealt.
The AI Gallant Titan rushes objective 2 to control it.
My Hell Mini-Titan starts moving toward objectives 1 and 2, and it shoots at the AI Errant Titan. It deals 2 wounds.
At the end of round 1, the AI controls objectives 2 and 3:

Round 2
The AI Gallant rushes to objective 1 to capture it.
My Paladin moves to contest objective 3 and shoots the AI Errant Titan, dealing 5 wounds. With 13 wounds, the AI Errant Titan takes a Morale check and passes.
The AI Errant activates and charges my Paladin Titan, dealing 2 wounds:

My Paladin strikes back and deals 3 wounds. Both Titans have Fear, which cancels out, and the AI Errant Titan takes a morale check and passes.
My Hell moves toward objective 1 and shoots the AI Gallant, dealing 1 wound.
The AI Hell moves toward objective 3 and shoots my Paladin. The AI Hell deals 4 wounds thanks to some very poor defense rolls on the Paladin’s part.
My Castellan moves toward objective 3 and shoots at the AI Errant with the Volcano Cannon. The one hit blossoms into three, thanks to Blast(3), which expands to nine wounds with Deadly(3). The AI Errant blows up in a spectacular gout of fire:

Setting its sights on the AI Hell, the Castellan deals 4 wounds with a Shield missile and another 2 with the Plasma Battle Cannon. The AI Hell takes a Morale check and passes.
End of round 2, the AI controls objectives 1 and 2, and I control objective 3.

Round 3
The AI Gallant rushes toward objective 2 on its way to objective 3, hiding behind the building:

My Castellan moves toward objective 3 and fires at the AI Hell Mini-Titan. The flurry of missiles and Plasma Battle Cannon wreck the Mini-Titan before the Castellan even brings its Volcano Cannon to bear.
My Hell Mini-Titan rushes toward objective 1.
My Paladin rushes forward to get a good shot on the AI Gallant:

At the end of Round 4, the AI still controls objectives 1 and 2, and I control objective 3:

Round 4
The AI Gallant rushes at objective 3 but does not have the range necessary to make it there or to charge the Paladin:

My Hell rushes forward to capture objective 1:

My Castellan moves up to objective 3 and unloads on the enemy Gallant, dealing 13 wounds. The Gallant passes its morale check, and the round ends.

The game ends with me controlling objectives 1 and 3, and the AI controlling objective 2.

Overall, this game was a lot of fun. Playing with all Titans and each with quite a few wounds felt very different than a standard GDF game. In some ways, it was akin to a game of Firefight, but with more weapons. So many shots were fired, but with only six units total, the game went very quickly. I deliberated on whether the AI Gallant moving around the back of the building to get to objective 3 made more sense than charging toward my Hell, but the best it could have done was deny one objective, and I likely would have rushed my Paladin to capture objective 2 in round 4, leading to the same game outcome.

3 Likes

Awesome report! Looks like fun :slight_smile:

It was really great. I am sure a human player would have played it a bit more safe with the Errant, who has some great ranged weapons, rather than just running and objective holding. However, I think this might in part be due to the terrain, too.