Titan Lords Additional Units - More Titans! More Wounds! More Dakka!

As some of the community starts playing larger and larger point games and @onepageanon provides rules in the full rulebook for Apocalyptic Games, I want to work out some rules for additional Knights to be a part of the Titan Lords list.

In summary, the current Titan Lords list represents two classes (based on wounds) of titans: the Mini-Titans (12 wounds) and the “normal” Titans (24 wounds). (Additionally, worth mentioning is the upgrade option for all “normal” Titans which gives them +12 wounds).

As far as representative models go - and I want to stress that these are only representations of models that could be used for these units - the units in the Titan Lords list actually represent three sizes of models. Some representative models for the Castellan Titan and the Valiant Titan are of a larger size than the Gallant/Warden/Preceptor/Errant/Paladin/Crusader Titan. (Obviously, you can use whatever models you want to represent whatever unit you want, because this is the spirit of One Page Rules.) That aside, other games that use these same models have a certain number of wounds in their stat lines, which differ slightly, but I will be using those other game profiles as the baseline for creating some new units. (The equivalents of the Castellan Titan and the Valiant Titan in that other game have 28 wounds, rather than 24.)

More to come…

1 Like

So what are we working on? First up is a series of models made by Forge World, the Cerastus Knights. There are four of them, so let us give them appropriate OPR names: Castigator Titan, Atrapos Titan, Acheron Titan, and Lancer Titan.
Using the existing Titan Lords profiles, let us get some of the basic details down for them and create some Work in Progress Profiles with ? for placeholders.

A quality of 3+ fits with the rest of the Titan Lords list, as does a defense of 2+. All of the current units in the Titan Lords list, except Mini-Titans, can take upgrade A, so I am putting that as an option though this might change in the future, if I give them a standalone upgrade list. For toughness, I want to give them Tough(27). Fear and Fearless seem spot-on.
Part of what makes the Cerastus Knights so powerful is that they are used for rapid strikes against the enemy, able to move faster than most other knights. (Personally, I feel that the Mini-Titans ought to have Fast as well.) Added Fast to the Special Rules.

Weapons on this class/size of titan seem very similar to those on the normal-sized titan (as opposed to those of a mini-titan). With that, each of these four definitely needs their key Stomp ability. That is where the similarities end, and we will need to look at each of these in turn.

Atrapos Titan [1]

• Qua: 3+
  • Def: 2+
  • Equipment: Stomp (A4, AP(2)), ?
  • Special Rules: Fast, Fear, Fearless, Tough(27), ?
  • Upgrades: A, ?
  • Cost: ?

Castigator Titan [1]

Acheron Titan [1]

Lancer Titan [1]

Universal Upgrade List

Separate post here for the Atrapos. The background for this unit is that it is particularly focused on destroying heavily-armored enemy war machines. Its weapons include a laser that can be used at range and in melee, as well as a biiiiiig gun. The big gun (a singularity cannon) has a couple of “modes” that are reminiscent of how Battle Brothers missile launchers can pick a mode to fire (one with AP and Deadly and one with Blast) - splash damage or penetrating damage.

For the laser, OPR would consider this two different weapons. OPR does not typically use ranges of less than 12".
The ranged laser: 12", A1, AP(4), Deadly(3) (not a big threat but guaranteed to do some damage, if the unit is in range and hits)
The melee laser: A1, AP(4), Deadly(6) (it is like a melee version of the fusion rifle.)

For the singularity cannon, after further research, it looks like the secondary mode is more of a supercharged version that provides a high-risk, high-reward. As such is not in the spirit of how OPR rules are written, we will stick with a single profile/mode: 36", A4, AP(4), Deadly(3)

Atrapos Titan [1]

• Equipment: Laser Cutter (12", A1, AP(4), Deadly(3)), Singularity Cannon (36", A4, AP(4), Deadly (3)), Cutting Laser (A1, AP(4), Deadly(6)), Stomp (A4, AP(2))
  • Special Rules: Fast, Fear, Fearless, Tough(27)

Thoughts? I have not yet calculated the cost or considered other upgrades, though the current Titan Lords upgrades of “Power Shields” and “Veteran Titan” seem fitting.

Jumping into the middle of the profile-creation for more Titans, I had the idea to create rules for upgrading your titans with pilots, who might survive the destruction of their Titan and fight on foot.

Addition to Titan Lords Upgrade A:
Upgrade with one:
Noble Pilot +??pts
Renegade Pilot +??pts
Human Pilot +??pts
Havoc Pilot +??pts
The Titan gains the Dismount special rule.

Dismount: When this model is killed, the associated Pilot takes a dangerous terrain test, is immediately Pinned, and the Pilot model must be placed within 6” of the Titan before it’s removed.
Optionally, if this model has not been killed, the Pilot may use an action to disembark but only move by 6”. The Titan is no longer considered a model, and the Pilot may not embark.

Noble Pilot [1]

• Def: 5+
  • Equipment: Energy Sword (A2, AP(1), Rending), Archaic Pistol (12", A2, AP(2))
  • Special Rules: Fearless, Hero, Repair, Tough(3)
  • Upgrades: ?

Renegade Pilot [1]

• Equipment: Assault Rifle (24”, A1), CCW (A1)
  • Special Rules: Hero, Repair, Tough(3), Some special rule about being able to hijack other titans

Human Pilot [1]

• Qua: 4+
  • Equipment: Assault Rifle (24”, A1), CCW (A1)
  • Special Rules: Hero, Repair, Tough(3)

Havoc Pilot [1]

• Equipment: 2x Claws (A2)
  • Special Rules: Fast, Hero, Mutations, Repair, Tough(3)