Painted up some HDF (black primer paints much different then white bones material... was some learning curve there) and put them in a diorama of the terrain I have made fighting the 2 non- HDF units that I have built.
I finally posted the 3d shapes for some 15mm Quar buildings, intended for the Kryst. www.thingiverse.com/thing:3774227/ These are sorta pseudo-pueblo / pseudo Middle Eastern round and crescent shaped buildings.
Might be useful for various things. I suppose if you painted them differently they could be high-tech.
Not specific to OPR, but this is the hobby progress thread.
Looks like I haven't posted my last bit of work yet.
I also have some space marines/battle brothers that have primmer drying on them, which are not in the picture. I think I need to run a wash over the painted soldiers to bring out some of the detail, but given they are my first unit to be painting [and with craft paint], I am fairly happy.
I picked up some better brushes, a wet pallet and some higher quality acrylic paints when I was out shopping today, will see how much of a difference they make on my next unit.
I think could still to a few touch ups, but it is definitely table ready at this point.
The acrylic tube paints I picked up had really bad coverage. 6+ layers of blue over the black had only got me to a really dark blue. Ended up with a few coats of white to bring the base color up then another 3-4 blue layers over that. Dry-brush of metallic on the gun and scanner. Then did a black wash (a few things could use some clean up) and detail work.
Beautiful work everyone. Here are some test minis for some Havoc Brothers. Going to bash a quick, cheap and cheerful force together for my young son to hopefully get him started. I'll be using EM4 Space Rangers as the main lads. The Havoc Dragon is a Tehnolog model. I really like chunky, toylike, shiny, monopose stuff!
my latest 2 models painted. I think I posted an almost done version of the battle brother. Just finished the machine cult ranger - had an idea for a painting plan and did up one for testing before doing the rest. it worked out well (black primer, dry brush metallic grey then metallic bronze on the metal bits, then 2x white anywhere that has color, then as many coats of color to get it fairly smooth, then a small amount of black touch up on the edges of the coat).
I panted the HDF, then the Battle Brothers, then the machine cult. After painting these, I am thinking I should up for some more expensive paints, getting the craft/tube acrylics to lay thin and consistent was a pain. The craft metalics worked fine however for dry brushing.