Post by vvvvvendetta on Sept 30, 2019 14:50:25 GMT
This is my first time doing a battle report and the first time using the AI rules, so here goes!
Models: 40k Kill Team Gretchens and Runtherd, Battles Masters wolf rider
Boss, 2x Archers (6 models), Wolf Rider, Shaman
Models: Heroscape Marro
Brass Beast Rider, Blood Hound, Blood Warrior
All the terrain is scratch- or junk-built, and the map is 3x3 instead of 4x4 because the table isn't big enough, don't @ me Deployment was shrunk to 8" from the edge of the table instead of 12" to reflect the smaller map, but all other measurements were kept the same.
Objectives IV and V ended up in the Goblin AI's favor, and they crowded behind cover (though the Daemons are melee-only here) to hold them. I set my Fast units—the Hound and Beast—at objectives I and III, ready to claim and sprint forward, while the Warrior sat behind the barrel cover.
The goblins fanned out of cover, charging objectives I, II, and III, and my daemons sat back to capture objectives I and III at the end of the round. Despite having cover, a goblin Archer (models are wielding guns) knocked out my Warrior in the first round.
In the background, the Wolf Rider has rushed forward, and my Beast charged to stun it. The Archers move to surround my Beast and open fire. In the middle ground, the greenskin Boss and another Archer stomp through difficult terrain toward objective I. In the foreground, a goblin and my Hound face off.
I liked it overall. The decision trees are simple and quick to follow, which was my main worry going into it. However, randomly deciding which unit the AI was going to activate was tricky because the units weren't scattered enough for the randomized activation to work as written. I ended up rolling for a section of the table, then assigning numbers to each unit in that section and rolling again, then activating the unit selected that way.