When placing the the last objective it states that the random objective marker must be placed "on a complete hex that is not a starting, blocked, deadly or edge hex". We've guessed at what "starting" and "blocked" hexes are but "deadly" and "edge" is a little confusing.
1. Do these requirements also apply to placing the initial objective markers?
2. Is "deadly" the log looking thing on the map?
3. Is edge really just anything 1 hex within the map?
4. Why is the center considered edge?
5. How are the players to determine the location of the random/secret objective marker?
1. You may be looking at an older version, now all objectives follow the same restriction. 2. I assume you're looking at an older version, in the newest version there is a spike pit that is a deadly hex. 3. Correct. 4. The center hexes are not considered complete hexes. 5. The objective markers are numbered 1-3.
Make sure to check out the latest version shared on Patreon, which comes with new hex maps and play tokens.